Saturday, April 6, 2013

Busy Busy Bee...




The past few months have been a complete whirlwind, but I have seen the Lord do amazing things through all of it.  I wanted to share a few “events” or opportunities I have had to celebrate others and how I went about it. 

First off – I had the chance to host a group of college girls (from The Master’s College, where I work) for a brunch and journal-making day.  It was so fun to pull out all of the scrapbook paper, scraps, and embellishments, and see how each of the girls made their journals personal...and let me tell you, these girls were so creative.  Check out these pictures: 



The table was a disaster afterward...


The finished projects...

***


Next – I hosted a special, romantic dinner for two for my wonderful boyfriend.  I used the wonderful warm weather here in Southern California to my advantage, and set up the dinner in my family’s pool house, right in front of the fireplace.  We enjoyed a dinner from my favorite Lemon Leaf Café – working all day didn’t allow me to make a special dinner – followed by sitting in front of the fire.  Take a look at these pictures: 


A drink container for our delicious lemonade from Trader Joe's...


Vases used: 
- Two lace covered Starbucks mocha glasses 
- One multi-stemed vase from Botanik (online or in store, Summerland CA) - this is my favorite vase and they come in multiple sizes! 

The completed table - pre food...

Happy Birthday!!!!! 

***


Lastly – it was also my mom’s birthday this week, so I was busy helping my dad plan a surprise birthday party.  My favorite part of this all was making the flower arrangement for my dad to give her.  Here are some pictures of the process:

My new favorite little workstation - an old desk in front of old cars... 

Picking various flowers from all of my extras...

The finished product... (and I must say, freesias are my new favorite flower!) 


Well, I hope you enjoy these pictures and get some inspiration to throw a little event yourself. Have a great weekend!

Becs

No comments: